Exam Sample to Certified Cost Professional
What is a Certified Cost Professional (CCP)?
A CCP is an experienced practitioner with advanced knowledge and technical expertise to apply the broad principles and best practices of the Total Cost Management (TCM) framework. Specifically covering aspects of Cost Engineering this certification also includes the wider integration of Project Controls incorporating Cost Estimating, Planning & Scheduling, Cost Control and Risk Management. CCP’s also demonstrate the ability to research and communicate aspects of the TCM principles and practices to all levels of a project or program, both internally and externally.
CCP certification will distinguish you as a professional that has skills and knowledge that is benchmarked with international cost engineering practices. It will also enable the public and the industry a means of distinguishing individuals who have met stringent criteria and competency in order to be AACE Certified.
The Certified Cost Professional (CCP) was established in 2004 and is independently accredited by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) since 2007.
AACE certification distinguishes cost and management professionals who have the knowledge and skills to impact the bottom line.
Top 10 Reasons to Earn AACE Certification AACE Certification…
- Grants your professional credentials by providing an impartial endorsement of your knowledge and expertise.
- Shows your professional commitment and ability to perform to your peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Results in greater recognition from peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
- Enhances your professional image by developing certified professionals who stand out as examples of excellence.
- Reflects your personal achievement of proving excellence in your field and meeting industry standards and requirements.
- Can improve career opportunities by giving you the “edge” when being considered for a promotion or other opportunities.
- May provide for greater earnings potential through salary and wage increases based on your certification status.
- Improves your skills and knowledge through training, study, and “keeping up” with the industry via the recertification requirements.
- Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities by proving that you have invested in your own professional development.
- Enriches self-esteem by allowing you to distinguish yourself beyond your job title or academic degree.